Monday 17th February 2020
Welcome to
A-Z of services
Text size

Making a claim

If you need help making your benefit claim, please read the notes in the document at the bottom of this page


Please note only the main claimant can register for this service.

When registering for housing benefit in MyAccount please use your name as it appears on your benefits award letter. If your middle name appears on the award letter, please put this in the first names' field.

Please use the post code as it appears on your award letter.

If you have failed to do either of the above, you may be locked out and you will need to complete this form.

If you are in receipt of housing benefit and your address is outside Luton you will need to contact us on 0300 790 0345 (between 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and 10am to 6pm Wednesday) or complete this form.

The benefit summary will show you the weekly award of housing benefit and/or council tax reduction. How this has been calculated is in the 'How these benefits have been calculated' section.

Details of household

In details of household you'll be able to see all the members of the household you have told us about and their income if applicable.

If these calculations or details are wrong you can contact us on 0300 790 0345​ (between 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and 10am to 6pm Wednesday) or complete this form


In next payment you will be able to see the next amount due to be paid and for what period. Please note if we are making a deduction for an overpayment of housing benefit, this will be deducted and the amount we will pay you is shown in the amount you receive. You are responsible for paying the difference to make up your rent.

In benefits claim history we use the following abbreviations:

  • CTR means council tax reduction
  • HB means housing benefit
  • DHP means discretionary housing payment

Invoices outstanding shows the invoices for overpayments. This section will also show cleared and zero balance invoices.​

Temporary accommodation claimants outside the borough of Luton

If you've been placed in temporary accommodation outside the borough by our homeless team, we'll pay for your housing benefit, but you will need to apply to the local authority covering the area you have been placed for council tax reduction.

Please note the level of council tax reduction is different in each area so may differ from the entitlement shown on our online form.​​



Contact us
rating button