Friday 10th July 2020
Welcome to
A-Z of services
Text size

​So you're leaving care? You'll want to know what happens next - where you'll live, how you'll look after yourself and where you can find support.

You're entitled to help from us between the ages of 18 and 25 and our care leavers' Local Offer tells you exactly what you can expect - just click the link below that best describes you.

The Luton Local Offer offers you guidance on the following:

  • accommodation - your rights, council tax, going to univesity and more
  • case closed - how we'll help you after the age of 21
  • education - includes support with training and employment
  • getting involved - voting, volunteering and being a good citizen
  • health and wellbeing - living well, getting help and more
  • useful resources - for care leavers and professionals
If you're not sure which category of care leaver you're in, contact your personal adviser or fill in the short online form below to take you to the right page.
What type of care leaver am I?​


Money to learn

If you're aged 14 to 19 and in education, the ​Money to learn website gives information on the financial support available, including the education maintenance allowance (EMA) - a payment of £30 a week

If you're under the age of 19, fees are not normally charged for your course.

If you're attending a course of Higher Education eg a degree, HND, PGCE course, application forms and information regarding financial support are available from Student Finance England.

Contact us
rating button