Wednesday 5th August 2020
Welcome to
A-Z of services
Text size

Apply for housing benefit and council tax reduction - MyAccount

Sub heading

In order to make a claim for housing benefit or council tax reduction you will need to register for ‘MyAccount’.

The process is quite simple, but should you require help, just click the 'Need help?' link in the top right hand corner of the MyAccount web page.

Providing supporting documents

Please note: you will be asked to upload documents to support your application through a separate link: This page has guidance on the types of documents we accept and more, as well as a link to upload your proofs.

Temporary accommodation claimants outside the borough of Luton

If you have been placed in temporary accommodation outside the borough by our homeless team, we will pay for your housing benefit but you will need to apply to the local authority covering the area you have been placed for council tax support.

Please note the level of council tax support is different in each area so may differ from the entitlement you receive from us.

Contact us
rating button