Essential road resurfacing works will be taking place across Luton in August as part of the Council’s ongoing carriageway repairs programme.
The following road closures have been announced:
- Russell Street, closed from Wednesday, 1 August to Sunday, 5 August 8am-6pm.
- New Bedford Road, between Hucklesby Way and Stockingstone Road from Thursday, 9 August to Friday, 17 August 8pm-5am.
- Sundon Park Road, between Hill Rise and Grampian Way from Monday, 6 August to Thursday, 9 August 9.30am-3.30 pm.
- Crawley Green Road, between Ashcroft Road and Wigmore Lane from Monday, 20 August to Friday, 24 August 8am-6pm.
- Dunstable Road, between M1 junction 11 roundabout and Oakley Road from Monday, 27 August to Wednesday, 29 August 9pm-5am.
- Dunstable Road, between Chaul End Lane and junction 11 of the M1 on Thursday, 30 August 9pm-5am.
Vehicles will not be permitted to park on any of the affected roads during the hours of closure. Signed diversions will be in operation, and access to residential properties and side roads will be maintained wherever possible.
Cllr Dave Taylor, Portfolio Holder for Highways, said: “The Council is continuing to work hard to maintain the quality of the road network in Luton. These works, which are subject to permissive weather conditions, have been carefully scheduled in order to minimise the impact of any disruption at each location, nonetheless we wish to apologise for any inconvenience that is caused.”